Tonkin vietnam travel

J

Jony Bach

Membre
9 Août 2016
voyagebaiehalong.com
I was told Ha Giang loop in unmissable for travellers in Vietnam and this is absolutely true. The views are breathtaking and I am not easily impressed. I am a female solo traveller who has never even sat on a motorbike, and Dong my driver made me feel completely safe, was fluent in English, and was super friendly and fun to chat to. However two days is not enough to see the loop, and companies really shouldn't even sell trips of this length. It was fine for me because I didn't mind early starts and 5+ hours on a bike travelling 93.2 mi a day, but for the guides driving it is exhausting work and for the tourist it feels rushed for an expensive trip. My only other complaint is that it rained and was foggy so although the views were stunning I didn't really get a true experience of all its glory. But in terms of safety, service and value for money, Mr Lihn's Ha Giang loop tour was great. Accomodation was basic like everywhete in these parts, dorm or basic private room with hot shower, AC and comfy clean beds. Kiki's hostel even let me sleep for free from 4am-7am after my night bus before my tour, and store my bags during. Dong made sure I had good vegetarian meals during the trip and was so caring and helpful with my requests for warmer clothing and a pharmacy when I caught a cold. If you're thinking of doing the loop, do it! Bike tour is the best way even if you're scared, but take 3-4 days minimum and you'll be ae to drive a bit slower as well!